Basic of XML
< Header > and the end tag is like < /Header > . We can fill our information between these tags.
< Header > Header Content Here < /Header >
While creating an XML file , some important points have to remember :
* XML is case sensitive
ex: < Header > is not same as < HeadeR > .
* Tags must be closed in the reverse order that they were opened
ex : < first-tag >< second-tag > Data here < /second-tag > < /first-tag >
A simple example of XML file
Some points about XML
- XML is self descript language
- XML is case sensitive
- XML is truly platform independent
- Most of the programming language can parse XML data
- XML is used for represent and transfer data
- XML can able to parse like a tree
- There is one and only one root element in XML
Example of XML tree is
You can use any text editor to create an XML file . More over XML files are readable by humans as well as computers. From the following links you can see how to use XML in C# Programming Language.